Current Open Positions at Fostering
Developers provide support to the organization through their knowledge, skills, and experience in building custom applications on the Salesforce platform.
Developers are experienced in using both the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Salesforce platform. They can develop custom business logic and interfaces to extend Salesforce using Flows, Lightning Components, and Apex. Additionally, they have expertise in software development life cycles, release management, and collaborating within professional teams. Developers generally have at least two years experience as a Salesforce developer.
At a minimum, Developers have these Salesforce certification, can be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- Platform App Builder
- Platform Developer I
A Developer has the experience, skills, and knowledge outlined below:
- Has experience with data-driven applications and relational databases.
- Is familiar with governor limits and their implications.
- Has experience with Model View Controller (MVC) and component-based architectures.
- Knows the capabilities of the core objects in the Salesforce schema.
- Knows the capabilities and use cases for formula fields and roll-up summary fields.
- Knows when to use declarative vs. programmatic methods to solve business requirements.
- Can leverage relevant declarative capabilities of the platform, where appropriate.
- Knows the Apex programming language and can use Apex best practices to customize Salesforce.
- Can extend the Salesforce platform using Apex, Lightning Components, and Visualforce.
- Can use fundamental programmatic capabilities of the Salesforce platform to develop custom interfaces to extend Salesforce capabilities and develop custom business logic.
- Is familiar with the concepts of Release Management and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Is familiar with testing, debugging, documenting, and deploying code and knows the available environments.
- Can use an IDE (IntelliJ or Visual Studio Code) and source control to develop and track metadata changes made to the Salesforce platform.
- Has experience deploying functionality between Salesforce environments using Change Sets and Salesforce’s Metadata API.
Developers drive innovation, solve complex challenges, and contribute to the ongoing success of Fostering. Developers' expertise and dedication play a key role in transforming business processes and delivering exceptional value to our organization.
Developers' responsibilities include:
- Developing Custom Business Logic and Interfaces:
- Develop custom business logic and interfaces using Salesforce's declarative and programmatic capabilities.
- Use Salesforce's declarative capabilities to simplify development and minimize complexity.
- Create, optimize, and maintain Flows, Lightning Components, and Apex code to enhance user experience.
- Architect solutions leveraging expertise as a Salesforce Administrator, Platform App Builder, and Platform Developer.
- Evaluate business requirements to choose between declarative and programmatic solutions.
- Ensure adherence to Salesforce best practices and standards in solution design and development.
- Manage Salesforce metadata using IDEs like IntelliJ or Visual Studio Code.
- Implement version control with source control tools to track changes across environments.
- Document developed functionality in the team’s documentation systems.
- Deploying Functionality Across Salesforce Environments:
- Use Change Sets and Salesforce’s Metadata API to deploy functionality and configurations between Salesforce environments.
- Ensure seamless transition of solutions from development to testing and production environments with minimal disruptions.
- Collaborating in Software Development Life Cycles:
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Adhere to Release Management processes to ensure code quality and stability.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of Salesforce solutions into existing processes.
- Collaborate effectively within a team of professionals, sharing insights and contributing to collective success.
- Participate in code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and mentoring activities to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
$100,000 Salary + Certification Bonuses + Benefits + Annual Bonus
- Dedicated office/desk, phone with headset, and computer
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) 3% match + up to 4% profit share
- Training time & Certification Bonuses
- Friday afternoon off incentive or Overtime
- Insurances available
- Work remotely
Linked in Job Posting - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3837666441
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter with 2 professional and 1 personal reference to Matt Foster firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fostering is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.